Web Things Considered

Monday, November 21, 2005

Breakin' the rules

It's nice to know that I'm committing so many of The Seven Deadly Sins of Blogging. Gotta' find a way to stand out somehow I guess. Let's see:

1. Using Free Blog Hosting

Sinner. But not for long.
2. Ignoring the Basic Principles of Good Web Site Design and Usability

Not a sinner. I'm relying on a nicely designed template.
3. Being the Jack Of All Trades

Sinner. But since this blog is for mainly to share some thoughts and experiences for myself and anyone who may want to learn more about me someday. I'm not too concerned about it.
4. Not Posting Regularly

Sinner. Not enough hours in the day.
5. Publishing Badly Written Posts

Not really a sinner. Most of my posts aren't long or in-depth enough for this to matter much.
6. Spamming and Stealing

Not a sinner. This I don't do.
7. Failing to Establish a Personality

Sinner. But again, I'm not too concerned as I don't currently aspire to be a famous blogger.

So, all in all, I'm committing 4 of the 7 sins. Could be worse. But, aside from moving to my own domain soon, I definitely do need to develop some more original posts. I have a number of drafts in process, so maybe I'll finish some of them up someday.

3 Comments:

  • I just found your blog the other day, but it's good. I mean your posts are interesting to read. The one about Flock being overhyped I really enjoyed. Anyway, keep it up.
    --Avi Flombaum

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 AM  

  • Thanks Avi.

    By Blogger Ryan Williams, at 7:05 AM  

  • Thank you for this blog. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something that’s eye opening and important.

    Here useful link:buy Runescape gold Tera Gold Cheap

    By Anonymous Runescape gold, at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home