Web Things Considered

Saturday, September 03, 2005

And then there was silence.... (clearing Bloglines backlog)

For anyone who follows a significant number of blogs, especially in Bloglines, you probably start marking a lot of posts as new in order to come back to them later. I had a really bad habit of this, especially since the clipping feature is too cumbersome to use effectively. So, over the last couple of days, I've been cleaning them out, transferring a few to del.icio.us, but mostly just skimming and and clearing. Now, my feeds are all read. A rare sight indeed to have no new items, kind of refreshing. I'll be able to get through new items much more quickly now, without having to wade through the old stuff. And this time, no more marking as new. It either gets read, or goes to del.icio.us immediatlely for later reading.

Now, about that backlog in del.icio.us.... ahh, that's ok, at least I don't have to see it every time I get online like I do with Bloglines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home